Friday, October 9, 2009

Fear is our Friend

“Fear makes you Fragile,
Hate is so heavy when you’re weak.”
Goo Goo Dolls

I have thought so much about Fear, it is such a powerful emotion. I have never wanted to make fear based decisions, it takes my freedom away.
Freedom to see clearly and feel the rush of flow in the vein of Truth.

It’s prophesied in the last days that men’s hearts shall fail them.
“the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men's hearts shall fail them” (DC Section 45:26)

This doesn’t sound like a good thing, but what exactly does it mean, to have our hearts fail them?

I believe it means that we will live in fear, literally. Too much Fear distorts “things as they really are.”

Fear of being hurt.

Fear of physical pain.
Fear of emotional pain.
Fear of spiritual pain.
Fear of mental anguish.
Fear of socially being isolated.

All painful. Naturally we want to avoid pain and so we listen when our fear speaks to us.

What does fear do to our hearts?

It can cause them to recoil, and we shut down emotionally and spiritually. It is a natural response to protecting ourselves. In protective mode our hearts are hard and they grow cold.

“….my fierce anger is kindled against them; for their hearts have waxed hard
(Moses 6:27)

“And unto thy brethren have I said, and also given commandment, that they should love one another, and that they should choose me, their Father; but behold, they are without affection, and they hate their own blood; (Moses 7:33)

Unbridled Fear creates hate.

It is hard to find hope, love and faith when our hearts are fearful, hard and cold.



We have Fear, not because we have too, but because there will be so many valid things to Fear, and we choose to keep Fear because we don’t know how to understand it to put it to rest.

Fear is our friend.

2 comments:

  1. This week "Tut" sent me this message:


    "What do you give someone, Lynne, who already has it all, forever and ever?

    "Did you just say, "How about the fleeting illusion they don't have it all, to create a sense of adventure, to fill their days with drama, and to impose upon them the almost unbearable lightness of being that all angels feel when dancing in time and space... dude"?

    "Or was the "dude," "duh"?

    "Don't believe in the fleeting illusions, dude -
    "The Universe"

    That got me thinking that we know who we are, we know where we came from and where we are going but we sure add lots of drama in the meantime. Lots of fear. It makes us who we are, gives us sympathy from others, makes us say, "Darn right, I've suffered."

    Thanks for giving me something to think about. Again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for you! We are so blessed with your generosity in sharing your time, insights, and gifts with us. I find myself throughout each day thinking back to something you have taught. I'm so glad you are sharing on the blog, also, as I have told so many friends about what I have been learning. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete